Planning bespoke catering in Sydney can be a minefield of difficult decisions. Choosing the right custom caterers is essential, for your event is important – it’s only going to happen once.
With events that require custom catering, having a team you can talk to is crucial. Often, in the early stages of planning a bespoke event, the details can be vague and intangible. Adjectives like ‘classic’, ‘sunset’ and ‘rustic’ are thrown around. You need an event caterer that can pick up on the threads of your ideas and help you weave them into a concrete plan.
We are fortunate to be able to do this all of the time, and we love it.
A long-standing charter yacht client recently asked us to create an ‘Australiana’ menu for their upcoming cruising season. The first few bespoke catering conversations yielded ideas such as kangaroo burgers and crocodile fritters which was nice but it wasn’t enough. We needed more from them and they wanted more from us.
To understand what it was they were hoping for we needed them to stop thinking about the food and start telling us about their business and what they aimed to achieve, what they wanted to avoid, and ultimately, what kind of experience they wanted to offer their guests.
With that approach and a couple more detailed conversations, we quickly distilled the information we needed, understanding that their intent is to broaden their reach and target both international and Australian tourists by offering something a little different to the fare offered on the other charter yachts on Sydney harbour.
Other considerations we had to be mindful of were:
* the teak decks and interior carpets are expensive to maintain, so we modified our menu to create lovely food that is unlikely to stain, for example – a juniper and potato pikelet with kangaroo to replace our usual offering of beetroot and buckwheat blini
* the client places great emphasis on sustainability so all of our food is served on reusable platters, minimising waste
* It’s likely to be windy on the exterior decks of a yacht so having micro herbs or lightweight canapes that are going to blow away is not an option, we adjusted our menu and garnishes appropriately
An abbreviated selection of their bespoke catering canape menu below:
* Seared Kangaroo Fillet on a Juniper Berry & Potato Pikelet
* Wattleseed Chicken Skewers with Plum Relish
* BBQ Saltbush Lamb Cutlets with Tomato Jam
* Queensland Crocodile Fritters with Chilli, Lime & Mango Chutney
* Barramundi Soft Shell Taco with Avocado Salsa & Iceberg
We take a great deal of pride in offering a personalised catering service to ensure your event or special day is just that – special. It’s this approach that makes us your ideal bespoke caterer.
As caterers we are present for a sizeable portion of your event, so it’s very important that we’re across the details of your occasion. In addition to a creative kitchen team we have a professional front of house staff who will become a seamless extension of your own team. Organising and serving your guests, our team will ensure that the vibe you intend for your event is created and maintained.
You want everyone to enjoy being a part of your story, whether it be a birthday celebration, family dinner, holiday meal or your big day – they’re all big days. We can assist you. How? It helps that bespoke catering is one of those things in which we love what we do. Our passion, experience, skill and teamwork is how we deliver bespoke events time and time again.
We have a suite of menus to help get your imagination going, all of which we can adapt to create a customised menu for you, so reach out and start your bespoke event journey with us.